I was upset to see my complaint 4 weeks ago was not acted upon by the management. The workers piled up rubbish at the beach at the end of the block again. They don't dispose it properly nor burn it regularly. The dried rubbish was piled high. This is dangerous as the pile gets bigger, the fire will be big too. There is a secondary woods nearby shielding the beach from prying eyes. The fire might spread there. I was fed-up and took matters into my own hand.
After picking bags of plastic bottles etc on the beach, I started the fire. A small one at first but it got bigger as it consumed the dead leaves , branches, old chairs etc etc etc. It attacked the branches of the trees. I panicked, really panicked!! The fire might spread to the woods. I ran to the office asking for Bomba telephone number in case it got out of hand. Serve you right, Zuraidah, for being impatient and taking matters into your own hand. At the same time I demanded for the person responsible to take care of this to go there and see. By the time I went back to the beach, he has controlled the bonfire but the office has already called Bomba. I was livid and told the guy to pay attention when I made a complaint because it is a valid one. Of course as usual he gave strings of excuses which to me sounded stupid and lame. Another call was made to Bomba to say everything is OK.
One question in my mind - how fast does a bomba act when emergency call of fire is made?
Is this going to stop me from doing the same thing the next time? I don't think soooo......... but I'll make sure the guy comes along and watch. The cleanliness of the resort does not improve much inspite of my repeated complaints. The contractor doesn't care less. He has won the contract. So, that's how I become an unpaid rubbish picker/collector at this resort.
Oh Malaysia tanah airku, why are some of your people so thoughtless?
2 comments:
Hi Auntie,
That was a panic experience! Indeed, it frustrates when we make complaint, and no action involves. It definitely pisses me off as well.
Take care aunt! Miss you a lot ;)
Love~ Emma xx.
Ama
TQ. C being impatient is not good. Can lend you into trouble. In this matter I was irritated.
Hope you have a fruitful interviews with your respondents.
Post a Comment